Badger Leaders News
Fill the Hill is Coming “Flocktober” 20–21
Alumni group scholarships will once again participate in Fill the Hill, which will begin Thursday, Oct. 20 at 5 p.m. and end Friday, Oct. 21 at 5 p.m. There will be up to $3,000 in matching funds available to our groups thanks to the generosity of the George and Dorothy Pellegrin WAA Scholarship Endowment Fund. WAA will send a save-the-date email on behalf of all participating groups, but we also encourage you to market the event through your social media and existing newsletters. You can find the Fill the Hill toolkit on our website starting September 23.
- September 6: Deadline to submit your Fill the Hill website content. This includes:
- Edits to your 150-word fund description, provided by your group representative.
- A YouTube video for your website (45 seconds or less)
- September 23: The full social media toolkit will be available.
- Late September: The WFAA save-the-date email will go out. There is no need to submit any copy.
- Late September: Fill the Hill website goes live.
- October 1–November 30: Blackout dates (no solicitations)
- October 10: Deadline to submit your group newsletter to WFAA.
- Your newsletter must have two stories in addition to a story about Fill the Hill.
- WAA will provide the copy about Fill the Hill.
The centralized WAA Chapter Scholarship program is evolving to maximize the impact of our chapter scholarships and support a competitive student recruitment process. Effective September 1, 2022, we will have a new timeline, process, and criteria for the 2023-24 award season. Please review and familiarize yourself with the following documents:
Student Scholarship Reception
Join us on October 23 for a special Sunday brunch to celebrate the students who benefit from your scholarship programs! This is your chance to meet these outstanding Badgers on campus, chat about their educational goals, and see for yourself how your hard work is changing lives. Plus, don't miss a special guest appearance by Bucky! Register by October 19.
Badger Leaders Conference
Thank you so much to everyone who attended this year’s Badger Leaders Conference! It was a great two days filled with learning opportunities, networking, and lots of Badger pride. If you missed it or need a refresher, you can find conference documents here.
Save the date for next year's Badger Leaders Conference on June 22-23 at Memorial Union.
Badger Leaders Onboarding
Badger Leaders Onboarding is back! This is a great opportunity for new board members or for anyone who needs a little refresher.
Save the dates for the next three Badger Leaders Onboarding sessions:
- Wednesday, Nov. 16, 8 a.m. CDT
If you have changes to your game watch plans, please submit this form. Submissions are due by noon on Monday of game week for regular season games.
Scholarship Fundraising and Stewardship Annual Calendar
We are excited to share our new annual fundraising and stewardship calendar to support your scholarship fundraising efforts. Please review this calendar with your leadership groups so you are familiar with the fundraising opportunities available for your scholarship program.